Help: can't test my code on local host

Hello, I'm a newbie. Pretty obvious from this posting. My problem is as follows: I can't test my codes on via local host as stated here "http://localhost/php_sandbox/my_phpinfo.php". When I try I get an error saying that the URL can't be found.

I do have a password, but the password between php and Mysql are now operational I guess....because I am able to log into the phpmyadmin from the wamp server, but for some reason when I try to test my php files from the sandbox (my test folder) I get the above errors.

Please help my progress is at a screeching stop until I remedy this issue.

Thanks

Vinysha Morns

Have you installed PHP and any webserver software, usch as Apache? If not, you'll need to do that. There are packages out there that install PHP, Apache and MySQL all at once, such as (depending on your operating system) LAMP, MAMP, WAMP, etc. or you can install each individually if you want.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.