Rate our Marketplace (buzzmart)

buzzmart

Hi all,

For the last 4 years my team and I have been working on a new social marketplace by the name of Buzzmart. We have only launched it about a month ago after having graduated from university in the UK. We would love to hear your suggestions and reviews, specifically regarding the fee system and overall layout. It is free to sign-up and free to sell your first 10 items. So please go visit us at www.buzzmart.com and also join our facebook group to stay up to date with the latest news. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Buzzmart Team

* The Website Critique board is for getting help, suggestions and feedback for your site - not a place to plug for new site members, as this makes your topic nothing more than spam. If you want people to test out member-only features, provide a test account username/password. Do not encourage people to join up. The general forum guidelines do apply here still...

Looks good at first sight.. but could you provide a test user/pass please?

sure no problem.

username: test2

password: password

Please note that listings created with this account will not be approved, but you may still test the selling process. Looking forward to everyone's feedback and suggestions.

Would be nice if users would also test sign-up process and tell us what you think. No need to actually sign-up but just go through the steps and see if anything is missing or can be improved. Thanks

1. I can't click the login link in your nav because I have JS disabled

2. "Only: A-Za-z0-9" as a description will not suffice, a programmer will create a username that matches that pattern: 'A', 'a', or '0'. A customer will enter "A-Za-z0-9"

1. Enable Java...I dont know how to help you with regards to your first point, dont most people have java enabled? Are you saying we make a login for non-java enabled users?

2. Please elaborate on your second point, I am not sure what it is you are suggesting we fix. Sorry.

1) Yes, you should always provide a non-JavaScript alternative. While the vast majority of users will have JS enabled, some people don't, some mobile devices won't support it, some older browsers may not support your code, there may be a JS error else-where that stops the login working, etc.

2) Ignace is saying that you have to assume the user is computer illiterate. While the message may make perfect sense  to you, to someone else it could be misleading and/or confusing.

1) Yes, you should always provide a non-JavaScript alternative. While the vast majority of users will have JS enabled, some people don't, some mobile devices won't support it, some older browsers may not support your code, there may be a JS error else-where that stops the login working, etc.

2) Ignace is saying that you have to assume the user is computer illiterate. While the message may make perfect sense  to you, to someone else it could be misleading and/or confusing.

1) Ok, will look into this. We can probably put our old login script back for the user who do not support javascript. We have done extensive testing on all browsers, and the only issues we have faced were with older versions of IE which we have corrected, although these users make up a small percentage. Although I do agree mobile devices wont support it, we are not targeting mobile users as per this time. Although having said that, the majority of the newer handsets such as the iphone and android mobiles do play nice with buzzmart (to our surprise as well).

2) Fair enough, to be honest I did not write that message our senior programmer did, but the first time I read it it made perfect sense to me. Hav'nt had anybody say they dont understand it. Ive actually seen it written like that on some other websites. Nonetheless, will take your suggestion into consideration.

Thanks guys!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

- In Latest Listings the description is cut-off which is fine but you should add a title attribute so the complete description is shown on hovering

- If a user hovers over an item in Latest Listings stop the rotating and allow previous/next (I was hovering over an item for it's long title when it changed)

- The image "No Fees, Sell 4 Free" loads very slowly, big image?

Nice website!

some good suggestions. The Latest Listings was just more to show that there is activity by displaying listing thumbnails, but I like the idea of hovering over it and showing the full listing title, will implement it soon. Currently, we had to cut it due to space restrictions. Im glad you like the website. The banner might be slow at first load, but thereafter it should be faster.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.