Google Chrome text bigger, breaks menus

Minklet

I can't see why, but text is far wider in firefox than in google chrome...it doesn't even look like Arial to me (tho developer tools says it is). It's breaking my menus and really infuriating me.

Anyone know why? I've tried changing font-weight and size etc, no luck.

http://dev.subverb.net

font is exactly the same cross browser at 500, at 600 it's too big in chrome

I wasn't criticizing your code, and I was giving you an answer. Usually issues like this are the result of errors in your HTML. Start with fixing those and see if it fixes your problem. If it doesn't, then we will have at least eliminated that as the problem. That's how problems are fixed - eliminate potential issues to zone in on the problem. Step one of problem elimination is fixing HTML errors, as half the time, that's where the problem lies.

I wasn't criticizing your code, and I was giving you an answer. Usually issues like this are the result of errors in your HTML. Start with fixing those and see if it fixes your problem. If it doesn't, then we will have at least eliminated that as the problem. That's how problems are fixed - eliminate potential issues to zone in on the problem. Step one of problem elimination is fixing HTML errors, as half the time, that's where the problem lies.

true!

I once had a problem in a file, I validated it and I got tons of errors. But I didn't start with the first error, nono, I wanted to fix one I wanted to fix. Also posted a question here. In the meantime I had started eliminating the simple html errors, and suddenly the other errors were gone! :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.