Still don't undestand how url_rewriter.tags works

Hello all,

I was just going through the php.ini config to understand how everything inside works and i came accross url_rewriter.tags, which i still have no clue about what it does. I have searched a couple of sites including the manual itself and some php books of mine and still couldn't find anything about it. Either i got some real bad luck or it really is hard to find info about it. It seems interesting enough not to avoid and i was hoping that i could get an explanation here :)

Thanks!

It refers to the html tags which will have the session id appended to them if (when) cookies are disabled. Session should only use cookies for securities sake and the option to use cookies only (see session.use_only_cookies) has been set to true since 4.3.

This basically means that url_rewriter.tags is now redundant by default.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.