load javascript in internet explorer

I searched for this issue on the search on this site but couldnt find a solution. I currently do not have a hosting plan but am creating most of my files on my computer so that when I get my hosting plan I can have my website fully functional almost immediately. When I load my template on my firefox browser my template works fine, but when I load it in Internet Explorer it does not. The IE is preventing my javascript from loading, and then asks me to let the page run the javascript, obviously I could simply activate it, but what I'm worried about is the users that for whatever reason do not active it. my javascript will not load and simple things like the drop down menu will not work properly. I know that when I go onto other websites with my IE it does not give me the message asking me to allow the javascript even though the website is using javascript, is this simply because IE will not allow javascript to run on a page that is being ran from my desktop? or is there anything special I have to do to activate the javascript in IE through my coding? I'm hoping it simply needs to be on an actual server for IE to run the javascript, but if its something else I need to do I hope to catch it now so that I can start debugging that now as oppose to later on when users are not being allowed to fully use my website because of the javascript error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.