• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 livepjam

livepjam
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 01:18 AM

I have a question about the code I've listed below. I'm building a shopping cart and so far so good, but when I try to output the price of a game it gives me some funky output.

Here is a sample of the output from the game array:

Yakuza Y
Array 49.99

Can someone tell me why it outputs "Y Array" and how can I fix that? Sorry if this is a stupid question and thanks in advance.

$i=0;
$_SESSION['cart'][]= $game;
$_SESSION['cart'][][$price]= $pricenon;

while (!empty ($_SESSION['cart'][$i])):

echo $_SESSION['cart'][$i]; 

$totalprice+=$_SESSION['cart'][$i][$price];
echo $_SESSION['cart'][$i][$price];
 $i++;

endwhile;

#2 livepjam

livepjam
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:20 AM

Can anybody help me here?

Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

Also, I got this warning message and I'm not sure what it means. I can't turn register_globals on. Is there any way to fix this or an error in my code?

Okay, I got rid of the message in the middle by separting the price out into a separate array such as:

$_SESSION['cart'][]= $title;
$_SESSION['price'][]= $pricenon;

However, I am still getting the error message above. I would assume I am getting this because I am using the $_SESSION variables. I can't turn globals on, so can somebody suggest an alternative? Thanks.

#3 livepjam

livepjam
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:30 AM

Took me a long time, but I finally found an answer:

ini_set( "session.bug_compat_warn", "off" );

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users