Is PHP the correct way to go with this project?

Doug.Gentry

I've been bemoaning the fact that our company REALLY can use some PHP enabled websites for our multitude of forms that we can click on... then print.. and sign and then scan or fax to the receipant. It just floors me that we can't have a form show up as a webpage and you can then fill in the data and hit submit and it does what it's supposed too.

As an example: Our scheduling dept using an online webpage to do the scheduling. They then export the data from that site to turn it into a excel sheet which is barely human readable and drop it on the desktop.

They then run a excel tool that was created by an employee that then turn that hodgepod of text into a really nice excel workbook which drops onto our file server in a particular directory. The dispatchers can then open that days workbook and fill in the times when a crew arrives or goes off shift, if they've missed lunch and or got held over.

My idea wold be to do essenatly the same thing except to have this page display as a website and not an excel workbook.

I would like to have the names populate as from the schechudling website but be able to edit crew names in case someone calls in sick and the remaining crew person needs to move to another ambulance.

I'd also need to have the check in times and check out field populate when I put in the times.

Then at midnight it would save that webpage on the server and I guess create a new one for the next day?

Is this something that can be accomplished with PHP and SQL and Apache?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.