Resizing wrapper help!?

twilitegxa

Is there an easy way to set the width of a website down to 800px without cutting the images out? I have a website at: http://www.a1qualitycorp.com/mockup and on smaller resolution screens, there is the need to scroll, and i want to eliminate that, but when I tried adding a wrapper, it cut of of the main image out. Can anyone help me with this?

You need to have your background set to be a repeating image. From the looks of it, you've got one image that takes up the space, and therefore won't shrink down..

You basically need one wrapper around your main content (your main content being an imaginary box from the top left of A1 Quality Corp logo, to the bottom right of mach distribution), this will automatically resize itself to the right height, but you need to make it's width me 100%.

You then need to apply a repeating image as a background to that wrapper. This will ensure that when the browser window resizes, the wrapper div will get smaller, and therefore the number of background repeats required will be less. The main content will keep it's form (providing you've given it a set width).

It's hard to explain without literally sitting there with you and pointing to the different features.. but I hope you understand somewhat..

Denno

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.