Need SMS Gateway API to send captured data from Mobile Phone

n1concepts

I need a solution to define a basic form (i.e. first, last name, text field to enter numbers) on a Windows mobile phone and have that captured data sent vis SMS back to a MySQL database that sits behind the SMS Gateway.

Has anyone done something like this (with the form submission coming from the WIndows Phone)?

If so, I would appreciate some input on getting this accomplish - either PHP code snippets or suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have actually done a bit of work in this regard... i think.  Can you be abit more clear about that it is that you want?

As i see it:

1) app on windows mobile phone sends out a SMS to a known and predefined number...

2) the SMS is translated back into text you work with and stored in your MySql Database.

If that's the case, then the SMS gateway will be pretty expensive.  email to SMS is easy to do and free (all of the big carriers have their own email to SMS gateways....  the other way is a bit difficult, as you'll need to buy / pay for the use of that short code (the 5 or so digit number you send the text to... twitter uses 40404)  that will run a few thousand and will vary based on use.

you could also get a cell phone with an interface to the PC and sign it up to an unlimited SMS plan.  that would be cheaper, but will have its own issues (interfacing with the phone.. clearing its memory... making sure its got cell service...)

it is FAR easier to just have a dataplan on the phone and POST your data to a PHP scrip that can do anything you like to the data.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.