Problem with SET @var

filnike

Hi all,

first at all, sorry about my english, im from Spain and i write english so badly

Im having a problem when i try to set a var in my MySQL Browser. When i write:

set @dnr = 3;

it's ok, but when i want to get the value of this var:

select @dnr;

the browser returns me the var, but the value of this var is NULL, and not '3'. This is the problem.

¿Why this is happening? Thanks to all ;)

PD. Im using "5.0.51b" version

Im having a problem when i try to set a var in my MySQL Browser.

I'm assuming that you mean 'MYSQL Query Browser'.... in that case probably you opened a 'ResultSet Tab' and wrote your 2 lines of code... right?

in that case.... put your cursor in the first line (SET @dnr=3;) and select 'Execute' ... and after that position your cursor in the second line and execute it.... that should work.

Thanks to response ;)

i mean 'Mysql Browser', yeah, and this is the code (is also the code wich i wrote in the first post, it's only a test before i'll write the sql case):

set @dnr=3;
select @dnr;

i execute the first line, then the second line, and the result is a column named '@dnr' which value is 'null'

but i think is the version of MySQL Administrator, could it be?

Thanks guys ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.