PHP in one ear and out the other please help

dj666

Ok guys so here is the situation i have never touched php + mySQL before but at the moment it's looking like the best option for the functions i require but unfortunately i am sitting here staring blankly at tutorials, usually i pick things up fast but my brain just isn't functioning at the moment.

what i am trying to do is create a script that will

1 - Consist of a password box (when entered correctly forwards you to another page) and a Generate Button

2 - when this generate button is clicked it will create a randomly generated password emailed to a specific email address and be deleted 2 hours after generation

the point basically being if i allow someone to view that page i want it to be only when i allow them and not have to worry about changing passwords everytime it is given out for once off use

at the moment i am not thinking it is possible but would love to know if otherwise

Thanks

overview...

user table

id - int auto increment

username - varchar

password1 - varchar

email - varchar

password2 varchar

last_used - datetime

last_used is the date/time the user was issued the password 2 (which in the password you periodically generate)

you will be using a couple of session variables (logged_in and last_used)

if last_used session variable is less than current time - 2hrs, they can access the special page, if the time difference is greater than 2 hours they get directed to the generate button page

so you will need to learn to:

. create database tables

. create login/register form

. process form data

. insert new data to database table

. retrieve data from a table

. update a table

. start session

. store and retrieve session variables

. redirect

lots of good tutorials here

http://www.tizag.com/phpT/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.