New to ajax

_maarten

Hi,

I'm new to ajax and I'm trying to make an application with Zend framework.

What I want to do is the following:

I have 2 boxes with information, each with an edit button.

I want to be able to edit those boxes on the same page, and I want to use overlay forms (so I'm probably going to use dijit / dojo)

The way I see it is that I just generate the forms on that page, and use javascript to make them popup, the form itself does a submit to a controller that return a status code.

When the status code is ok, the overlay closes, and I want the box to reload the information from the database.

I was planning on making a controller that outputs data in XML (or another format) and have Javascript construct my content (lets say in this case a user table)

and upon form submission I would then to an .innerHTML = function_that_fetches_xml_and_generates_table;

Is this a good idea or is this a bad way of using javascript / ajax?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

I looked it up and I'll indeed be using Zend_JSON  .. thanks!

My preference also goes to jQuery , but I was thinking that it would be easier to use the Dojo library that comes with the Zend framework, or is that not advisable ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.