PEAR NOT INSTALLED TO COMMAND LINE PATH

windows 7 64 bit..  YAY FOR WINDOWS...... i love how mac's embrace tech like this and automatically load it onto their computers... it really saves frustration..

ok, so pear is apparently automatically installed with php 5.3

..except it was not added to the command line along with php.

php.exe is in the command line.. i can do anything with that..

pear is not, this is very frustrating.. pecl is also probably not installed, i dont know, i haven't made it that far.

so i basically cannot install modules..

when i go to install pear by running the go-pear bash script, it can't find a c:\windows\pear.ini file... why is it even looking here.  AND WHY WAS EVERYTHING NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY AUTOMATICALLY BY THE INSTALL???

AND WHY IS NO ONE ELSE ON THE INTERNET HAVING THIS PROBLEM??

AND WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUCK SO MUCH??

(i work with .NET all day btw)

and why do i have none of these problems with ruby on rails

and why is decent rails hosting so hard to come by or so expensive..

i'm sorry i'm very frusterated for what should be a 5 minute process dragging into 5 hours, and it will probably be 5 days before i recieve a response

when i go to install pear by running the go-pear bash script, it can't find a c:\windows\pear.ini file... why is it even looking here.  AND WHY WAS EVERYTHING NOT CONFIGURED CORRECTLY AUTOMATICALLY BY THE INSTALL???

What steps did you take to do the install? I'm not a Windows (or mac) user, but Iv'e heard nothing but bad reports about the install package. You should install from the zip package. Ive done this numerous times at work without issue. Also, (I assume this was a simple type but) you mean the bat script right? Bash scripts are for Bash shells eg: Linux & Mac.

AND WHY DOES MICROSOFT SUCK SO MUCH??

(i work with .NET all day btw)

Microsoft have absolutely nothing to do with how PHP is packaged.

no, but it seems like they design many roadblocks in the way to getting anything but their own technologies working..

thanks for the help man, i'm going to try that.. i've tried XAMPP on windows, WAMP, and a ton of stuff and none of it is working.. i'm going to wipe it all and try to install from the zip then..

and now i'm having problems installing apache.. i swear this xampp wamp bs has just mucked up my computer to where i can't install apache.. i uninstalled them, but it looks like some of it is still there..

i might try to do this on a vm image, this is just too frustrating, there is never any indication of what causes the problems.  and i really have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to apache. like xampp for example: i would click "start service" and it would immediately stop.. no indication as to why..

if php was around alot longer than rails, u'd think they'd have made it just as easy by now.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.