Help with session variables

weejay

Hello,

I have a Drupal form which a user after logging in fills the form and saves it. Once the user clicks save, it is directed to a php page which stores the values in a db and also captures the form details in a session variable and save it to a file with the session id as name of the file. After this is done, values must be presented to the user again in the same form. In the html page, I check to see if there is a session file with name as session id so that I can retrieve the values and present to the user. However the current session in the html page is different from the session in the php page where I store the values to a session file. How is it possible and how to overcome the issue?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vijay

TO explain it more clearly. When a user logs into a drupal website, a session is created. Now inside the form a user enters some values and clicks on save. It is now being redirected to a php page for storing it to a db, now inside the php page, the session is not the same but a different value and it does not change at all. Even if I logout and login and do the operation again. If I am right, Both the session ids must be same. However its not and thats the problem. Any help on this?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.