Please Help with an error that makes no sense

Topshed

PHP 5.2.15 and 5.3.4 (dual environment)

MySQL    5.1.52

I have just switched over from a Windows to a unix host

and I have changed my users to reflect the new address and the password etc; on my new host

I have used both  user_conn (with limited access)

and  sys_admin_conn.php  (with full access)

Using any of my phpmyedit files with either user works fine showing tables

But when I try to use one of my 900 plus gallery scripts they fall over with a strange message

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'topshed'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/topshed/public_html/gal_lt/LT1317.php on line 36

Error !! Unable to connect to database

the bit (using password: NO) makes no sense to me as all the user info including password  is there

the code involved is below...

<?php 

$tble = 'LT';

$fnum = '78';

include_once("../include/user_conn.php");
    $connect = mysqli_connect($host,$account,$password) OR DIE("Error !! Unable to connect to database");
    $db = mysqli_select_db($connect,"$dbname") OR DIE( "Unable to select database ");
// echo $tble;
    $db="SELECT * FROM $tble WHERE fleet = $fnum";
if ($result = mysqli_query($connect,$db)) {  
	if (mysqli_num_rows($result)) {
			while ($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result)){
gallery code
include ("../include/HC_footer.php");
}}}

?>

My hosting company help desk chat cannot make any sense of it but of course that is not their problem the thing is all my scripts still work in a windows host enviroment

Any help would be most welcome

"using password: NO" means that no password was passed to the connect function.  Double-check to make sure $password has been correctly initialized.  In your sample code you're not initializing any of the connection variables, if you just removed them for security reasons you'll want to make sure you have them set correctly.  If the sample code is indeed your entire code, you're not able to connect because you haven't defined any of the connection parameters.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.