Need ideas for database design for html alt tags

rusty338

I'm designing a site that can store photo galleries. So an 'x' number of images will be in a gallery, right now there is not limit, I'm wondering to make this work if I need one. I want for each image to have an alt tag - or even a description, same kind of idea. Now, I'm not really sure how to design a database for this. Should I limit each gallery to have only say 200 images, and in a table only have 200 different fields?

Any advice or leads would be greatly appreciated :)

Should I limit each gallery to have only say 200 images, and in a table only have 200 different fields?

Why would you limit the gallery to 200 images, and why would it take 200 fields to store 1 image?

All you would really need to store are the path to the actual image, the alt , height and width attributes, a description and a few foreign keys relating the image to an owner, and gallery.

have a table with

photo_url - the location of the photo

alt_text - the alternitive text to display

userid - the userid of the owner.

then when it comes to something like showing all the photos for a user. you can loop through each row that has the users id. use the photo_url to show the photo (src="") and the alt_text to show the alt text in the image tag.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.