4 replies to this topic

#1 izbryte

izbryte
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:38 PM

Ok, so I know how to validate the string and how to check and see if the domain is really out there but is there a god way to find out if the email address really exists? I've seen some programs claiming to do this but can they really? I've tried using the fsockopen() function but it really doesn't help all that much. Does anyone know a better way?

#2 johnny5

johnny5
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:49 PM

I hope I'm mistaken but isn't it impossible to have a reliable way to validate that a particular email address is setup on any given domain?

This is the impression I have been given anyways..

#3 NevadaSam

NevadaSam
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 September 2006 - 11:54 PM

Send an email to them requiring that they click on a link to respond and verify that it is a valid email and that they received email sent to that address.

sam

#4 izbryte

izbryte
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:45 AM

Send an email to them requiring that they click on a link to respond and verify that it is a valid email and that they received email sent to that address.

sam

I have email verification now but I have a long list that I'd like to verify. I'm tempted to purchase one of the programs that claims to do it but I don't want to waste money.

#5 Demonic

Demonic
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:58 AM

if you have a long list of emails that needs to be verified just in the users table Send email to all users thats email wasn't verified using while statement then making board settings or w/e saying they cant submit/post anything without verifying there accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users