Integrating a calculate App or coding it into Wordpress

archibaldoctavius

Hi

Im a webmaster in France, I build websites for clients using Wordpress.

I've got a guy that wants me to build him a website to sell foam in different sizes for say, you want to make a sofa, and you need a bit of foam that's: 220 cm long x 20 cm thick x  100 cm wide = 440 000 cubic cm (is that right?) x 0.02 cents per cubic cm = 88.00 dollars (i work in euros though). there are then different qualities of foam that will affect the price.

Im guessing i'll need a list variables from him to set the calculations:

-max width, height and length possible with his cutting machine

-any other vairiables to tkae int o consideration that you can think of?

The result then needs to be added to my e-commerce wordpress plugin shopping cart.

Here's an example of a similar site but in french im afraid

http://www.decoupe-mousse-sur-mesure.fr/

Im just starting to learn php so, I dont think i can handle this complicated one.

Can someone advise me on :

1 is there a plugin I can use (Google or Wordpress)?

2 if not how to go about coding it myself?

3 what should i charge minimum for the job, taking into consideration how long it will roughly take me to build (i just dont know)

Thanks in advance for your replies, this is my first thread on php freaks and i find it so spirited that someone will take the time to study my case, Im just starting up at 25 years of age, after my degree, and im broke, so this site could be my lucky break...  :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.