Crawler, is this possible.

Ninjakreborn

All I want to know first, is this possible...

I want to go <a href="http://mirage.smc.edu/pls/pub/f?p=207:1:4398391836116838:HIDE:NO::P1_CLASSTYPE,P1_STATUS,P1_SUBJECTS,P1_LOCATION,P1_INSTRUCTOR,P1_MEETDAYS,P1_BEGINWK,P1_STARTIME:%2C%2C%2C%2C%2C%2C%2C">Here</a>.

I want to be able to use Curl or something to go to this page, and submit the data. All I want to control is what

Subject is selected, and what Semester radio button is picked.

Is this possible with Curl?  I have tried to do this. The page linked above, loads some other page via ajax and updates this page dynamically. I tried to

posting to that page instead, and it throws an application error.

Is it possible to do this and actually get back the table listings. All I want is to be able to specify the subject and semester, and get that table back.  If it is possible, how can you

get it back with just a standard curl call. I tried doing a straight post to the page it calls, and to that page and neither way is working.

Any advice is appreciated.

I think that you are incorrect in thinking that the page is submitting through ajax. Looking in firebug I see no ajax requests plus the page is refreshing. I think what is happening is when you go to that page it is setting a session variable for each user as well as some other variables in the session possibly (such as the p_page_submission_id hidden field). Now when you submit the form on that page I think it is storing your results by a link to your session id. So basically when you submit the form it is posting it to itself, saving the data from your post into your session probably by a link and then redirecting you back to the same page so that you cannot see the data that is posted as well as limiting how you can pull the data. Seems like they have some pretty good security in place for there system. I would not recommend wasting your time unless you have nothing else better to do and not to mention shouldnt really be doing it in the first place.

Took a quick look...

It's nothing really complicated, looks like the ajax is just a validator before the form is processed.

When I selected something, click search, disabled javascript and cookies. hit refresh

all the content was there, so no underlying sessions or anything.

The uri holds yer parameters

p=207:1:4398391836116838::NO:RP::

Each parameter is seperated by a ':'

u figure those out, than u don't need to post the information, just get the page

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.