CSS On Text Forms And Submit Buttons

jamesjmann

Sorry for my language, but this is really p***ing me off. I downloaded this free template off the internet and I opened it up to examine the css (to pick up a few tricks), and noticed it had a css-designed search form with the submit button and all. Now, I tried applying css to my own forms on my own website, and inside dreamweaver, the css works, but when I open my web browser, it does not. Does anyone have any clue as to what the problem here is?

well it could be pretty much alot of things(4 if i am correct), maybe you can post your html markup and css. and i will have a look at it. Post it in code tags though :)

preferably from Doctype to </html>  and your css

Maybe also tell how you want it to be looking like that way we have some goal to work to.

well it could be pretty much alot of things(4 if i am correct), maybe you can post your html markup and css. and i will have a look at it. Post it in code tags though :)

preferably from Doctype to </html>  and your css

Maybe also tell how you want it to be looking like that way we have some goal to work to.

I just realized I already got this to work on a couple of my buttons. Go to http://www.djsmiley.net and look in the sidebar. Where it says login, the buttons "login" and "clear" were customized using css. But for some reason, everytime I try to create a new class and assign it to a different button or text field, it doesn't work. ERG!!!!!

Sorry James, but please re read your own question. do you think that any of us except for prophets could think of what you are trying to achieve? I really have know idea. But i would love to help you out.

Please provide some code... what did you try? or show a print screen of how you want it and how it is so we have stuff to compare. right now you are redirecting me to some side bar (on the left) on a webpage with  9 different buttons..... :confused: Now i could pick one but 8 out of 9 I choose the wrong one. Be precise

Sorry James, but please re read your own question. do you think that any of us except for prophets could think of what you are trying to achieve? I really have know idea. But i would love to help you out.

Please provide some code... what did you try? or show a print screen of how you want it and how it is so we have stuff to compare. right now you are redirecting me to some side bar (on the left) on a webpage with  9 different buttons..... :confused: Now i could pick one but 8 out of 9 I choose the wrong one. Be precise

lol sorry. i thought i made it quite clear which button u should be looking for. the "login" and "reset" button where the login form is at in the sidebar. btw it works now. idky it didn't b4 but it does now.

weird stuff. maybe becuase of cache? not uploaded stuff. Anyways if it is fixed, mark it solved :)

actually I just realized something. everytime i try to apply a css class to a button in my template, it doesn't work. this goes for php code too. php code and css for buttons and forms all do NOT work when i insert them into my template. only when i insert them into an editable region on a new page I make

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.