Configuring PHP with db2

Hey all,

I am using this command to configure php with db2 and other stuff we need:

./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --libdir=/usr/lib64 --with-libdir=lib64 --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-mysql=mysqlnd --with-mysql-sock=/opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock --enable-mbstring --enable-soap --with-curl --with-dom=/opt/lampp --with-mcrypt=/opt/php-5.3.2/ext/mcrypt --with-pdo-odbc=ibm-db2,/opt/user1/sqllib --with-ibm_db2=/opt/user1/sqllib

I have installed IBM db2 client and then made an instance for user "user1"

But when I run this command, everything goes fine until this error shows up:

checking for MySQL support... yes

checking for specified location of the MySQL UNIX socket... /opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock

checking for MySQL UNIX socket location... /opt/lampp/var/mysql/mysql.sock

checking for MySQLi support... no

checking whether to enable embedded MySQLi support... no

checking for Oracle (OCI8) support... no

checking for IBM DB2 support... no

configure: error:

build test failed. Please check the config.log for details.

You need to source your DB2 environment before running PHP configure:

# . $IBM_DB2/db2profile

I have already set $IBM_DB2 as /opt/user1/sqllib

and run "source db2profile" command or ". db2profile" command before running the php configure command.

Can you put some light on the problem? I have already installed using the similar command on two other machines but on this machine it keeps giving me error to source the db2profile file.

Thanks,

Umang Jain

Because I have access to terminal only and i want all those extension to be installed and I can't use XAMPP.

I still don't understand. You can use most package manager from a terminal and they all allow you to install whatever individual extensions you need for php without having to install them all.

There also a hell of allot easier to maintain than doing it yourself.

I understand there are at times certain reasons while compiling from source is a better option, the reasons you have given however don't really apply.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.