How to edit the footer.php?

crf1121359

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

I have a PHP script and I am trying to change the design of the entire script.

I have been trying to change/edit the footer.php file. The footer.php has only one table in it with a copyright text and a black background. what I am trying to do is to put a gradient background that I created in the photoshop in that table.

I can easily do that in dreamweaver and the background shows up in the footer.php but when I save the changes, and when I look at the index.php again, it doesn't show the changes for some reason!!

Any help will be much appreciated.

Here is the code for the footer.php

<?php

/* vim: set expandtab tabstop=4 shiftwidth=4 softtabstop=4: */

// +----------------------------------------------------------------------+

// | PHP version 4/5                                                      |

// +----------------------------------------------------------------------+

?>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 bgcolor=#000000 >

<TBODY>

<TR >

<TD class=textblack  vAlign=top

align=middle width="100%"><FONT

size=2 ><span class="style30"><FONT

size=1 color=#FFFFFF>

Copyright 2007. All Rights Reserved.</FONT></span></FONT></TD>

</TR>

</TBODY>

</TABLE>

Where do you specify the background? Is it in a CSS file? Are you saving that CSS file too and then trying to preview. By default, dreamweaver will only save the page that is currently opened and active, so if you've edited the source file and a CSS file, it will only save the one that is active at the time of pressing save. Alternatively you could press save all which will do just that..

Denno

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you specify the background? Is it in a CSS file? Are you saving that CSS file too and then trying to preview. By default, dreamweaver will only save the page that is currently opened and active, so if you've edited the source file and a CSS file, it will only save the one that is active at the time of pressing save. Alternatively you could press save all which will do just that..

Denno

my advise is to ditch dreamweaver and use something like netbeans (it's free and approximately 1 trillion times better). That way you learn what to do instead of letting dreamweaver create malformed mark-up

btw did dreamweaver created the code you just provided? if so ask your money back.

almost everything is wrong with it. elements is full and partial caps, properties without ""

and the best advise is don't use inline style. Separate style from your markup. saves you headache, and is easier to maintain.

edit: ones you have downloaded something other than dreamweaver i am happy to provide you a simple file set that separates markup, css and php to give you a head start.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.