SMF Help

jamesjmann

I just installed the simple machines forum on my website and began adding functions to my main website like code that displays the number of members online.

This is my problem:

This,

<?php require("SSI.php"); ?>

is supposed to go at the very top (line 1) of the document(s) displaying such functions.

I get it to work on all documents in the root directory, by specifying the location of "SSI.php" as is above. But when I try putting this code at the top of a document in a subdirectory (e.g., www.website.com/sub/documentwithcode), I get this error:

Warning: require_once(/home/content/d/j/s/djsmiley/html/music/Settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/d/j/s/djsmiley/html/music/SSI.php on line 49

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/d/j/s/djsmiley/html/music/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/d/j/s/djsmiley/html/music/SSI.php on line 49

This error occurs when I specify the location of the "SSI.php" file like this:

<?php require("forum/SSI.php"); ?>

and makes no difference when specified like this (even with the "SSI.php" file in the same directory as the document within the subdirectory)

<?php require("SSI.php"); ?>

Please note that the "SSI.php" file is supposed to be here:

http://www.website.com/forum/SSI.php

I tried copying it into each subdirectory, but that didn't do anything.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.