Filtering a street address

xnowandtheworldx

Hey guys, we have a website where people are able to post things, and we don't want to allow anyone to be able to post their street address, for obvious reasons. I'm really stuck on this one, I've looked for some regular expressions to no avail...one idea we did have was to check a text for an address then check to see if it was a valid address with the google maps API but then again...it goes back to having a regular expression for capturing the street address. I was wanting to know, is there any way I will be able to catch whether a user has posted an address? I was going to post this in the regex section but I'm not sure if I should use any regex's or if there might be another way.

Put basically I need to be able to strip a street address from the text if a user posts one.

I'm pretty sure it's probably not possible, but I figured I'd ask first. :) Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Have you consider to use different text field for different part of address, instead of a long one for the whole address? like a text field for street so that you can work on it?

It's not a text field, people are just able to make posts which everyone is able to see. We just don't want anyone typing in their address in the text and giving it out to whoever. :)

Thanks businessman I'll be sure to check that out!

Thread will be marked as complete. :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.