Critique My Portfolio

mattal999

I like the look. And I love the fireworks on the index page. How did you manage these? Is it a stock image or something you made?

What I would suggest is to have a Home navigation link. Not all people are aware to press the logo to go back to the index page. I am aware that the index page doesn't offer anything that the other pages don't show, hence it's more like a splash page, but I was still navigating through your site with an intention of going back to that page (mainly to check out the cool graphic :) ).

Denno

It seems ok.

It would probably be nicer if had borders/backgrounds and some more styling to distinguish areas. And not just floating areas amongst the black.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have a little think about the borders and things.

I like it, it's very now :)

I love the colour scheme but I have always been a fan of darker sites.

The Easter eggs is a nice little feature (love the second one).

Thank you very much!

I like the look. And I love the fireworks on the index page. How did you manage these? Is it a stock image or something you made?

What I would suggest is to have a Home navigation link. Not all people are aware to press the logo to go back to the index page. I am aware that the index page doesn't offer anything that the other pages don't show, hence it's more like a splash page, but I was still navigating through your site with an intention of going back to that page (mainly to check out the cool graphic :) ).

Denno

It's actually a few brushes that I found somewhere on DeviantArt. I put it together and set it as a background image, and the results were pretty nice. I had the idea for ages before I actually decided to try it.

As for the home link, I was thinking about that the other day. I'm not sure if I will implement that though, but thanks anyway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.