Critique Please!

basicintent

I don't mind the gray.  What I don't like are:

The blue blob/cloud behind your logo.  It just seems haphazard, like you wanted something more distinct but couldn't figure out exactly what to do.

The 2d/3d text on the menu.  You should probably pick one style or the other.  I'm also not sure if the 'naked' look works on the items on the end.  Also, not sure if this is intentional, but the hard drop shadow on the edge is missing to the right of 'Contact' in its off state, but reappears on mouse over.

Your margins are a bit jarring to me.  The block in the middle has a clear margin to the left and right, but other elements (navigation, bottom block) stretch clear across the main block.

Overall I like it, but there are some things that don't mesh.

Nice site.. BUT instead of that long text explaining it all, why not put pictures with illustrations instead ? all in one simple gif image and put it all up there.

I was to lazy to read what it was all about, and most people are. U gotta explain the site in under 3 sec with illustrations. http://getsatisfaction.com/index.html is very good at that.

And remove the blurry from the logo. The "shit" is crystal clear logos and so on!

I'm just looking for a simple design critique of this very simple website I just finished. There are some things about it that bother me.. like the grey background on a part of the landing page.

Please tell me what you think, and if you have any suggestions.

Check it out: http://mrfixit.basicintent.com

And something else than

"Fun, Easy, and Simple. Professional. Reliable. Skilled. Polite" it is very repeitive.. Use only Porfessional instead of skilled, reliable and polite.. cause Professional have all that in one word.. and make those font smaller in "why us?" content and "creatured service".. USEFULL content is MORE important than bragging. Bragging can have smaller text, cause if people like you they will see you as a humble professional fix it site

EDIT: And black on white, white on black is a no no.. its aweful..

All in all, a very good site? Not sure, cause I dont feel there is people behind the site.. gotta make it more alive! Make people see that the site is alive, more human and not some site that is just standing there waiting for something

EDIT2: And I was thinking, "Who are theese people?", very anonymos, put pictures of yourself doing cool computer stuff, blog, twitter, feed the people, update! and Who is that blue man in the about page, the picture ?:P This is scaring more than pleasing, gotta make it WARM and ALIVE!

1. Make the site more human, more alive, biolocial

2. Show your faces! We dont know who you are. A scary blue man

3. People gotta understand the site in under 5 sec!

I've made some adjustments to the site, changed the typography piece and adjusted the logo to make it stand out more. Also the content on the residential and commercial services page has been adjusted to make it more condensed, as asked for by the client.

poey I don't completely follow your ideas, but you have some good suggestions, however it is a site for a client and in some cases they decide the content, not me. Also white on black does look good, I do not follow your reasoning, or are you just using a bad display?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.