Going One Directory Up Works with One Domain But Not with the Other.

chaseman

Basically I have a website in two languages, English and German.

One folder is the mysite folder which includes all the German php files PLUS the css style file and the images, the other folder is INSIDE the mysite folder called ENG which includes just the English php files.

When I now want to make use of the css and the image files I simply go one directory up with e.g. "../style.css" or "../images/01.jpg", this method works with the German domain but it does not work with the English .com domain, for example:

when I type into the browser:

www.germandomain.de/eng

everything gets shown correctly with the images AND the css.

But if I simply type into the browser:

www.englishdomain.com (which has the same path as above which means it is directed to ENG folder)

All the text gets shown but NOT the css and images.

The source code is the same for both examples (I've re-checked it).

I've added the englishdomain.com over CPanel Addon Domain and I directed it straight to the ENG folder.

I can not figure out why it's not working.

What I'm not understanding is, why is it domain specific? The directory up command which is "../" is simply telling the script to go one directory up ON THE SERVER, from ENG to mysite and THEN look for the file. That's why it should work for both domains.

I hope you can help with this.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.