Keyboard is driving me nuts please help a noob :)

cssfreakie

Hi all, this might be a really stupid question, but i just had to switch computer because the other got screwed.

The thing is, that when typing, the following characters ~`' "  i need to press the spacebar to let them show up. I am not used to that and it's really a pain in the butt when scripting. Does anyone know where to find the setting for this. This computer is running windows XP  ( :'( ) i know... it sucks and i will end up in hell for it.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know i try to look in configuration and than keyboard but that didn't help alot.

Thanks!

Ok i shouldn't have looked under keyboard, but under language, which totally makes only sense if you designed this crap yourself)

It seems i had my keyboard on US international which allows special characters. in order to change it in to US standard. I had to go To configuration language and than settings. Well  i hope my brains find a way to implement that illogical stuff into my brains. Hopefully someone else finds this useful.

Cheers!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.