Website issue

queendaedra

i designed this website a few months back, and its my first with html and php to be honest, so go easy lol. The problem is in IE this stylesheet for the menu is not showing up and I have looked in other forums, but no one seems to be able to help, and i want to know what i did wrong, so i do not repeat the mistake. Its CMs is wordpress, but I am not sure thats important other than the fact that it uses PHP and HTML, any help would be very welcome. It looks fine in chrome and mozilla just not IE, help me Obe One!!

The problem is the Internet explorer and most other browsers have different methods of interpreting the style sheet. So to solve this problem you have to redesign or twick the style-sheet according to the Internet Explorer interpreting method. Make sure which method and tag is available in the internet explorer and make sure to understand its behavior towards the Internet Explorer, there are many good tutorials out there make sure to google it.

And lastly make sure to load appropriate style-sheet by using JavaScript !

I hope this will help you !  :)

Like a newb I forgot to put the site lol!! You are so nice man it took forever in other forums for people to respond and they were so mean! Here's te web address, so you can see the specific issue. I'm really not sure what I've done wrong I thought all was ok.

Www.biancabarnett.com

So, is the menu not showing up at all?  For IE browsers, you need to use a little JavaScript for it to 'turn on' HTML 5 elements: http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/new-structural-elements-in-html5/#older-browsers

Also, as a tip, never, ever, ever use Comic Sans on a site that's not a comic book.  Even web comics have moved away from it for their dialogue bubbles.  It certainly doesn't belong on a professional site.  There are far more modern and/or classy fonts to chose from.  It sticks out like a sore thumb on a site that is otherwise visually appealing.

EDIT: http://www.comicsanscriminal.com/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.