Ways to make on-hover content stay in place when you stop hovering?

Snot

Hello,

I have my site setup to display its content when you hover over the buttons on my nav bar. Once you hover over the button the content will stay up as long as your mouse pointer is over the content box. I'm running into two problems that make me want to get the content box to stay open unless you click off of it.

The first issue is that some of my buttons are close the the bottom of the content box and its not very hard at all to let the box close by mistake. I could fix this by making the content boxes larger and giving padding to the content.

The second issue is worse. Most of my content boxes hold forms. The text boxes inside the forms remember what you have previously typed into them. The problem is that once you start typing into the box it has a drop down that gives you the ability to choose from text that you have already typed into the box. When your mouse goes over this drop down it closes the content box. This happens almost every time you type into a box because your mouse is normally left near the text box that you have just clicked on to type into. You are also not able to select any of the texts from the drop down as the content box closes when you start hovering over the new drop down.

I like having the browser remember whats been typed in the text boxes but I don't know how to get it to stop closing my content boxes. I've seen some photo and video galleries that pop up an image or video and then the only way to close it is by clicking off of the pop up window or pressing esc.

How would I apply that feature to my site?

Its at

www.wararmada.com/tdb

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.