Paypal + Forms Help

carl2k2

but would it be possible to have some forms like;

(each form is a select form, multiple option)

Form 1 - Select Course

Form 2 - Available Course Dates (linked to the selected course)

Price: - Course Price (linked to the selected course)

Paypal Button - Pay Now

So when they pay with paypal, the data from the two forms and price are in paypal also, I think I could setup the paypal button to have the price anyway, but its linking the two forms togethe that I am having issues with,

any answers?

Does each form get submitted one after the other? Like a multiple step process?

What I would do is put the results straight into your database, after each step (so each form being submitted), and then the Paypal IPN will mark each record as being paid, if/when payment is successful. If payment isn't successful, you'll have a record in your database that isn't required, and you can make a script that will go through all records to find ones that have been sitting there for a day or so, and haven't made successful payment, and remove them.

This is what I would imagine as being the easiest way to do it, rather than passing the post variables over from one form to the other. Which is possible, but then you can only pass certain fields to the paypal IPN script (very irritating), so putting the results into the database as you go, and then sending just the required information to paypal would be the easiest I believe..

Denno

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.