Going Crazy - Taxonomy Filter

Ninjakreborn

I am having a major issue. I have a project that is due soon, but can't seem to get this working. Here is the general information.

I have Ubercart setup. I have a Vocabulary for "Category/Subcategory". That has terms "cat1, cat2, cat3, cat4 (subcat1, subcat2), cat5)

Whatever. Then I have Vocabular called "Pets" for example. That might have "Dog, Cat, Gerbel, whatever).

I can easily set this up to filter by one or the other. What I need though is to be able to filter by perhaps both cat1, and dog. I need

to have a simple URL structure so I can do both or something. I am having MAJOR problems doing this.

Is there a way to achieve this functionality. I have been fighting with Taxonomy filter for 3 hours, and just don't understand how it works or what it's for..there are no solid instructions and I really don't get the point of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to be able to do something like a url call:

www.website.com/someurlwhatever just somewhere in the url perhaps list my terms. Whatever I need to do to get this to work right. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Here is what is driving me crazy.

http://www.testsite.com/category/vocab1/dogs,cats

This doesn't work. That's what is annoyiing me. This should simply get together all of the "dogs" and "cats" within vocab1. There is no way

I can get it working between vocabularies if it won't even work with 1 vocabulary. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

So the idea behind this is simple, I just can't get it to work.  I have the standard taxonomy working right. I have the menu setup for one of the vocabs (it's a custom menu

on the primary menu links) I set all ofthat up and it works (of course). I also setup the secondary filtering and it works. However, on the secondary it's going to have some

multiple vocabulary searches.  It might search 1 term from vocab1, and 1 term from vocab2 and filter them together (finding ones that only match both). That's all I need to

do but having a lot of issues with this.  Thanks again.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.