Help plz getting rank

grant09

ok i have been at this for about 3 days now just cant seem to get it to work ranked in my game well when you go to halloffame it tells you wot your rank is well i want my rank to tell me wot i rank in the game for Strength in my gym so if i was ranked 3 in my game it wld say 3 in all the game and so on for speed ect.. any help wld be great

this is wot am workin with

$result= mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `grpgusers` ORDER BY `grpgusers`.`strength` DESC
LIMIT 0 , 1");
while($line3 = mysql_fetch_array($result, MYSQL_BOTH)) {

any help thanks

Do you want to find the user with the 3rd highest strength?  Eg

User A:  Strength 100

User B:  Strength 90

User C:  Strength 85  <-- this one

User D:  Strength 80

And is strength stored in the grpgusers table as "strength"?

strength

100000 <----highest

0<---- lowest

if the user is 1000000 in strength and he has the most in the game he would be ranked 1 in the game

0  this user would be the lowest in the game and he would be ranked last so if there is 37 users he would be ranked 37

and i want to display the number they are ranked in the game so the strongest would be ranked 1

You could do:

$result= mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `grpgusers` ORDER BY `grpgusers`.`strength` DESC");
$rank = 1;
    print "Rank $rank: ";
    # Display data from $line3

$rank = $rank + 1;
}

$rank will increase by 1 each time through the loop.

<?

$result= mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `grpgusers` ORDER BY `grpgusers`.`strength` DESC LIMIT 0 , 30");

echo "<tr><td width='17%' align='center'><font color='#00BFFF'>".$line3['id']."</font></td></tr>"; ?>

You could do:

$result= mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `grpgusers` ORDER BY `grpgusers`.`strength` DESC");
$rank = 1;
    print "Rank $rank: ";
    # Display data from $line3

$rank = $rank + 1;
}

$rank will increase by 1 each time through the loop.

In the post above I added a variable $rank.  This tells you what rank each user is.

• 2 weeks later...

ok sorry about the wait am just back from holiday ok i will try explain how i want to to show

1 200100675456 <<<-- jeffy i Want on his profile to say .....you are ranked [1] with out the row of other numbers so its just an individual number like[1]

2 484918

3 210000

4 101000

5 25500

6 2651

7 1000

8 335

9 295

10 255

11 130

12 79

13 10 <<<- jimmy i Want on his profile to say he is ranked [13] in all of my game

but the code that am trying to do this is not giving me that sum its giving me am ranked 2 and so are all the users

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.