Avoid email sent to junk box

zac1987

1 - I am using phpmailer to send an email to a people without defining the $headers = 'From:" , so the From section of the email is showing default server aekcom@xen​on.sfdns.ne​t , the email didn't go to Junk box, I am so happy.

2 - Then I apply $headers .= 'From: Pflik <admin@pflik.com>'; on the php mailer now. The email go to Junk box now. I am sad.

My question : How do I change the default email server of my hosting aekcom@xen​on.sfdns.ne​t into admin@pflik.com ? If I can change it, then the email won't go to junk box anymore.

You actually need A, MX, and SPF dns zone records that identify your host's mail server as being the mail server that corresponds to your domain name.

Something similar to -

A    mail.your_domain.com = ip address of your host's mail server

MX  20  mail.your_domain.com.

SPF  - see this link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

You actually need A, MX, and SPF dns zone records that identify your host's mail server as being the mail server that corresponds to your domain name.

Something similar to -

A    mail.your_domain.com = ip address of your host's mail server

MX  20  mail.your_domain.com.

SPF  - see this link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

Hello, professor, you know what? I spend lot of times to find out where to put the A, MX and SPF, I even google search and you-tube search where can i get that 3 things on my cpanel, but I can't find any, so I went to ask my hosting helpdesk about where to put the 3 things... Finally I get it done, it works like charm. I did blog about how and where to put the 3 things at http://ye5.blogspot.com/2011/03/avoid-phpmailer-send-email-go-to-junk.html

I have other 2 questions :

Question 1 : I not sure should I tick the checkbox of "All Entry (ALL):" on the Email Authentication page ?

I saw this message *If you are sure you have entered all hosts (your primary mail exchanger and any other mx entries are automatically included) that will send mail for your domain, check this box to exclude all other domains.*

If I tick it, will I lost some emails which outside people sent to my other domains that didn't listed on Email Authentication page?

Question 2 :  I saw there are 4 options on MX Entries page :

* Auto Detect Configuration.

* Local Mail Exchanger

If the lowest number mail exchanger points to an IP on this server the server will be configured to accept mail locally and from outside the server.

* Backup Mail Exchanger

If a mail exchanger other than the lowest points to an IP on this server, the server will be configured to act as a backup mail exchanger.

* Remote Mail Exchanger

If there are no mail exchange that point to an IP on this server the server will be configured to not accept mail locally and send mail to the lowest MX record.

I don't understand what is mean by "lowest points to, configured act as a backup mail exchanger".

I saw the "Remote Mail Exchanger" tooltips has the sentence "not accept mail locally and send mail to the lowest MX record". Is it mean I will lost some emails that send from outside people? If yes, I worry "Auto Detect" option will suddenly use "Remote Mail Exchanger" and causing I lost some emails.

So, is it better I choose option 2 which is "Local Mail Exchanger" ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.