Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IKHAM

Friendly Url's with PHP on IIS

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you knew if there was a way to get a url like:

www.domain.com/index/page/56/example.htm

to work on IIS? Currently i think the only way to do it is to install special software which i don't really want to do.

Even if it could be done like:

www.domain.com/index.php/page/56/example.htm

Any help would be great

There are all kind of hacks you can do, but you can also use mod_rewrite, not the Apache version, one made for IIS, search Google for "rewrite for IIS", you will find some free ones and pay for it types! I still like to to use the hack method, because it has no overhead and does pretty much the same thing, but it all done by PHP!

me!

Ok thanks for the response. This is what i was looking into before, but as i said i didnt really want to install anything new on the server. I was hoping there was a way to do it in php itself.

Cheers though.

I think mod_rewrite is your best bet, but you might want to take a look at this: http://www.tutorio.com/tutorial/php-alternative-to-mod-rewrite-for-se-friendly-urls

Cheers mate. I think I may have to go the mod_rewrite way then. The other technique you showed me is for apache and i've already tried this with little success on IIS.

Thanks for you help guys.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.