PHP pages ultra slow on IIS 6

Hi,

I'm running PHP 5.2.6 on IIS 6.

All PHP pages, even ones with no content are taking several seconds to load. This does not affect static (HTML) pages which load instantly.

There are no reported errors shown, and error reporting is turned on.

It is not output buffering, which is a common issue with PHP on IIS.

Can anyone suggest any diagnostic steps I could take?

Could it be a particular extension which is failing to load, but not displaying an error?

I have put

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 'On');
print_r(error_get_last());

at the start of my test script, but nothing is reported!

Could it be some weird permissions checking?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

phpinfo is reporting CGI/Fast CGI.

What I have noticed is that the page processing time is very fast (by putting a timer around the script).

Furthermore, any output from the script can be buffered immediately using ob_start and ob_end_flush, but there is still a 5s delay after the script has finished outputting!

So IIS is doing something after the PHP has been processed, but I'm at a loss to understand what. I'm wondering if it is some kind of logging.

Interestingly when the server is set to PHP4 mode, the problem goes away. (But that is not a solution for me).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.