Recompiling PHP on Windows?

I am new to this and have never recompiled a current working build of php before.  This may sound stupid, but I am at a complete loss as to what to do.

What I would like to do is recompile my current version of PHP that I have.  The reason I ask is that SOAP did not come enabled on the current build, and I have not found any way to get SOAP enabled other than recompiling my PHP.  On this rebuild, I need mssql enabled, smtp enabled, ldap enabled, and my ini file location changed.

I am running a Win Server 2k3 using IIS 6.0.  I have already downloaded the correct php_soap.dll and other dlls needed and added the extension=php_soap.dll, extension=php_mssql.dll, and extension=php_ldap.dll to the current ini file.  Another question I have is is would this cause any down time for the server and would I have to configure the ini file again once I do this?

Attached is a copy of my ini file, just in case it helps.

Would someone be willing to help me with these two problems?  If someone could help me, that would be great!

Thank you!

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have already downloaded the correct php_soap.dll and other dlls needed and added the extension=php_soap.dll, extension=php_mssql.dll, and extension=php_ldap.dll to the current ini file.

Then you don't need to compile anything. Place the dll's in your ext directory and add the relative entries to you ini. Restart IIS.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.