Trouble aligning tables where I want them.

Spock

Hey guys,

Basically what I wanted to do was have a few tables around the page, 1 main one on the left with an image, and a few others down the right hand side for other content.

The ones on the right move as the one on the left does, for instance I've got recent images displayed in the first table on the right, however the two tables below it get pushed underneath the main table.

How do I force all the right hand tables to stay on the right?

I've tried using divs with inherit or right but neither work.

Any help would be great

Thanks

PS Here's the link so you know what I mean (hosted on wamp before it goes live) http://86.150.17.18

If you look at a small image and look below it as aposed to a large image, you'll notice that the 2 tables move from right to center depending on the image size.

the link you provided doesn't work.

Anyways if you are not displaying data like a stylesheet, don't use tables. Div's work perfectly, I recommend to have a read into the Float and clear property. Don't forget to read the sticky btw.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are using tables, I would suggest, if you are a beginner, to have a menu bar across the top with links.

However to align links down the left, simply use a table with two columns that contains everything, left column links, right column text, image, maybe another table, who knows? BTW to stle each column separately assign a css class to the <td> tag, eg. <td class="redbox">. Then style from there.

Hope this helped!

the link you provided doesn't work.

Anyways if you are not displaying data like a stylesheet, don't use tables. Div's work perfectly, I recommend to have a read into the Float and clear property. Don't forget to read the sticky btw.

If you are going to all the trouble to try and style tables using css, why not just use css to do the layout and forget the tables.

Tables are not the way to display and position an image.

And using tables to make a menu does not make any sense.

Do it all with external css.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.