College Boox Store

Collegeboox

College Boox Store is a website that allows students to buy and sell their textbooks to other students.

Please all tips and information would be greatly appreciated if you would like to log on to the members page a username and password is as follows...Marcellic password

Also if there is a web designer out there that would love to fix up this website and or a student or someone that wants to get their name our their or add something to their portfolio then I would be more than happy and very appreciative if someone would like to do that and email me at Collegebooxstore@gmail.com

The website is located at www.collegebooxstore.com

Why do you have a meta redirect?  Also, aside from the font (which, like cssfreakie says, doesn't fit what you're trying to do), you didn't really follow any of the advice I gave you last time:  http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=325795.0

You really, really need to do some design homework on this.  Look at bookstore and auction sites.  Look at their commonalities: hardly any kind of introductory spiel, clear product descriptions, product categories, user rankings, etc.  They look bright, clean, and organized.  There's no reason why you couldn't do something similar, albeit on a smaller scale.  The premise is sound, you just really need to put in the work to see it through.

As a start, you should look at the common structural elements the other sites share.  Look at how they do their navigation, their headers and footers.  Pay close attention to how their products are displayed. 

I'd stop trying to force the young/cool/different/flippant vibe.  It's not working, and it comes across as cheesy and out of place.  Look at brands that actually are popular with your peers.  Hell, Apple is insanely popular in your target demographic and their design aesthetic is light gray buttons with aqua highlights on a white background with clean sans-serif fonts.

Here's what I'd do - white background with black text.  A third, vibrant color for contrast and flair.  Red, some shade of blue, orange, sage-to-dark green, maybe even violet.  Sans-serif fonts.  Cleaner book listings - Name, author, ISBN#, course name, department, book condition.  Make this data related and searchable.  Get rid of the meta refresh, shorten the opening spiel to a paragraph.  Put some book listings and a search bar on the main page a la Amazon and the others.  In short, get rid of the gloomy, wannabe rocker vibe and make it a clear, orderly, comfortable virtual book exchange.

I'm not expecting a Fortune 500 result, but with some time and effort you can really clean things up and make a site that will entice people to use your service rather than the opposite.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.