where to start styling this website.

co.ador

I want to style the link below to a decent level, where the page look ok. Where can I start styling and this case what I am missing to accomplish a good decent professional style.

I am aware that photoshop is a great tool but where to start in photoshop to create a good style and implemented into the css and html.

http://www.nyhungry.com/storeprueba/index.php

in others words what others things are missing to have a completed decent style and design

Well before you touch something like Photoshop, Gimp, illustrator, Inkscape or any other program that has nothing to do with coding (css) first spend some time learning some basics. For instance your top horizontal menu, It's made with a million div's while it could have been done with an unordered list. Almost the same is true for your left menu, but here you use a table to style it. Tables are not meant for that, nor are a million paragraph tags inside it. And last but not least the right content. Again tables.

If you want to start of off, I can highly recommend a good book and a decent editor (I use Netbeans). And if you have spare time for instance visit my blog, some things I said above are seen pretty often so I decided to write something about it. Like the boxmodel, when to use tables, how to make a horizontal menu, how to make that menu vertical, etc. Start at the beginning and apply it, after than dive into graphic design. Otherwise you will be bound to tabular design for the rest of your life and that certainly will limit your expression

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.