Why Doesn't This Form Submit?

lastkarrde

Howdy folks.

I'm having some troubles with forms not submitting when they are included by an AJAX call.

I have a page, <em>/add_many/</em> which just displays an HTML form. If I navigate to that page the form works as expected. However If i try and display that page in a dijit.Dialog modal (loaded via AJAX), the form will not submit.

Below is my AJAX code

addDialog = new dijit.Dialog({title: 'Add Reddit User', style: 'width:500px', preventCache:true});
addDialog.attr('href', '/add_many/');
addDialog.show();

The form displays fine in the dijit.Dialog box, and I can enter information into it. However clicking the submit button does absolutely nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm not at all familiar with Dijit or Dojo, but the documentation suggests that you need to handle the form in a different way:

In order to run Dialog's execute-method the submit button has to be a dijit.form.Button, normal submit button doesn't trigger this function.

http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/dijit/Dialog.html#forms-and-functionality-in-dialogs

Do you have this online that we could look at? Or if you don't want it public could you PM me the URL? As I said I don't really have any experience working with Dojo, so random guesses one at a time to try and fix it could take a while.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.