Weird Regex question

Ortix

Sorry for such a bad title, i'm not sure how i can describe this problem  :shrug:

So here's the thing:

I have this string:

[sHiN-Remux][MSPN-SUBS] Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai - 01 [1280x720 h.264 AAC][FB36073E].mkv

I want it to look like this:

Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai 01 

Currently it looks like this:

Ore 01

The reason is that I am using regular expressions and other functions to filter out the stuff i don't need. Most of my strings come in this form:

Titleoftheshow - 01

Which is totally fine since this does work.

Rarely do they appear like this:

title-of-theshow - 01

or even this (which makes things more complicated)

title - of - the - show - 01

Now the problem is that after the FIRST dash, everything is deleted. How could i escape all the dashes in that are in between letters and only remove the dash that's between a letter and a NUMBER.

Daunting task eh? I have tried several things but i just can't come up with a solution.

whoops sorry about that. not sure where that came from but yeah. I would like to get

Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai 01

Without the dash between the Nai and 01

I put that in my initial post :)

Maybe it can be done by finding the dash between a string and a number? Or perhaps the last instance of that character in the string?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.