Meta Tag Help!

weeman09

hey guys i have a website up and running but my meta tags seem to not be working because i cant seem to find the site in any search engine.... any ideas or thoughts would be much appreciated! :)

this is the code i have come up with ?

the website is thai takeaway food

<title>Thai Takeaway Home</title>

<meta name="title" content="Thai Takeaway Home />

<meta name="description" content="Thai Takeaway is an authentic Thai Takeaway! We bring a new concept in Thai food experience." />

<meta name="keywords" content="Takeaways , Thai, Thai Takeaway, thai food takeaway," />

meta keywords & descriptions aren't relied upon by many search engines anymore, they were exploited and a lot of websites would have meta keywords & descriptions such as "microsoft, NFL, superbowl" etc to try and increase their search rating.

You have to add your sites manually unless other sites already listed are linking to your site;

add to google here

If this is the first time you have uploaded your site, it may take a while to get crawled by Google and co. You can try and speed this up by going and posting your website address over the internet on blogs and stuff, but this is not guaranteed to speed up the process. Even if your site is already online Google does not crawl it that often. My advice is to sit tight for a week and keep checking. Your meta tags are fine, however the title meta tag is not needed really, just the <title></title> tags.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.