HELP! PHP Form sending Blank Inputs to email

RMDesign

Hello, I am very very new to PHP and have created a form that changes depending on a selection option.

The website is here http://www.rmdesignstudio.com.au/wraptinprint/quotes.php and the PHP is all on the quotes.php page.

The form sends to the email but when you fill in one form (example: Business Cards) the form sends, but along with all the entered fields the email also includes all the fields in all the hidden forms that werent filled in.

I believe it is because they are drop down boxes and it is sending the first option in the list which happens to be "-----Please Select-----"

Is there something I should be doing to my selection input field for this not to show up? Otherwise is there something I need to add to my PHP so it checks for the fields being filled in?

I dont know how to add my code to this post, so if you could either show me or view my code via view source that would be awesome.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately this just made the default option another thing which also automatically shows up in the email

What i want is for the user to choose whether they want to input details into these fields or leave them at the ----please select--- option.

if left at the ----please select----- option i want that input to be discluded from the email

Is there a way I can do this?

When you're capturing the data that the user submitted, just ignore the input if nothing was selected.  For example:

Print Quantity:
<select name="quantity2">
  <option value="">--Please Select--</option>
  <option value="500"></option>
  <option value="1000"></option>
  <option value="2500"></option>
  <option value="Other"></option>
</select>

You might notice the value="" on the "--Please Select--" option element.  Then handle the post:

<?php
if (isset($_POST['quantity2']) && $_POST['quantity2'] != '')
{
  // Add quantity to the email since it wasn't left blank
}
?>

Hope that puts you in the right direction.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.