FireFox 4 restoring previous session and logging back in even after browser off

freelance84

Erm... Firefox 4.0 has a new feature... Your can restore previous sessions!!!

This is a little concerning. This means if i close my browser whilst logged into hotmail. If somebody else opens the browser they can simply restore the previous session and get into my inbox can't they?

More importantly. My own site. People pay for access. This restoring the previous session allows others to simply get into the site.

Is there a way around this?

And the national lottery website. These guys seem to usually be very tight when it comes to security issues.

What if i were in an internet cafe, or hotel computer whilst on holiday, didn't know about these issues, logged onto my bank account, with a few thousand in, to make a payment or transfer and instead of clicking logout I simply closed my browser as normal then waddled off to the beach. The internet cafe dude or some other lurker could quickly jump on and get straight into my bank account and steal.

What if...

My house gets broken into. My modem has the same ip address as it did 5 days ago as it never gets switched off. The said thief turns on my computer, restores previous sessions. and BAM, they're into my back account transfering all fund to there own!

What the hell! I can't believe this is there!

I know that.

But i know a lot of my friends wouldn't  :o. They find it hard enough changing the screen saver let alone settings within a web browser.

And i bet hotels/b&b's and lots of other public places won't have set that feature.

I only found it by accident.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.