General Tips Advice on XHTML and just HTML (either Transitional or Strict)

j.smith1981

I am just questioning my belief in these 2 DTD's, if you will?

I am just going by my belief that if I have any XML in my HTML documents they should be served as XHTML right?

If they don't have any XML content they should be served just plain HTML, whether they are dynamic or not, have I got that correctly in my head?

Also Transitional means any depreciated tags can be put into the document i.e. with the <font> tag, this would have to be transitional, as it is a largely depreciated tag, if I wanted to say strict, I would have to remove any <font> tag and replace them with CSS.

Have I got this right as a basic principle?

Just wondered that's all, really want to get this nailed as I have been dabbling with CSS to bump up my skill set in becoming a bigger PHP developer, in general web development and wanted to improve on my markup standards.

Thanks and I look forward to any replies, sorry also if this post seems a bit frantic lol,

Jeremy.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.