Is This Image Frame Possible with Pure CSS?

chaseman

I want to do this image frame:

01-b_searches_frame.png

Though, I'm wondering if it's possible with pure CSS?

I could as well simply use a background image (with padding) as the image frame, and the actual image gets inserted into the li tag with the background image in the background displaying the frame, but that way I'd have to always use a fixed size.

If it was pure CSS it can be any size, that would be the advantage with this method.

If it's not possible I'll simply use the background image method.

Thanks.

do you mean the shadow border around the image, or the elements inside the image.

Anyway the answer to both is yes you can do this with css.

As far as the shadow border this can be done with CSS3 and otherwise with a css combined with a shadow border image

this is the css3 way: http://www.css3.info/preview/box-shadow/

The shadow was what I was looking for, thank you for the link of that great website.

I googled this like crazy and only came across so many crappy tutorials, I'm wondering why not these quality sites get listed high.

well they are ranked high with certain keywords:

http://www.google.nl/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=border+shadow+css+3&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=a5a1dc2b443f77b1

border shadow css 3

Thanks, I guess I'll have to step up my Google game :D

I'm wondering, the website is citing some text, where does the author get that from, is there an official CSS documentation?

I always was wondering where people get the information from which type of code is supported by which browser and till when back in history

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.