CSS jQuery Navigation Problem

chaseman

On my Wordpress theme I'm using the Superfish plugin for the jQuery navigation and now I'm having a problem to define the background color properly when hovering over the menu item.

You can see a demonstration when you go to my blog and hover over the menu item CONTACT: http://www.webprofitideas.com

You'll see in the sub-menu-items a light blue background and I want the background to go further UP till it's reaches the horizontal skyblue line on the top of the navigation bar, which means it should cover up the menu item CONTACT as well. This is definitely a CSS issue, though it is hard to implement.

Any ideas how I could implement it?

You'll find the corresponding classes and ID's in the stylesheet file called style.css, look out for #blog_navi and .children (the latter is the one belonging to the Superfish jQuery plugin).

thats indeed a better.. son of suckerfish menu i like a bit more btw.

at line : 60 or so

.blog_post h1 a:hover, #nav a:hover, #sidebar a:hover, .link_var_1 a:hover {
    color: #33CC66;
    padding: 200px 0 0; /* this is were you can set the height of the li */
}

What did you just say? lol, did you say that Superfish is better than Suckerfish which you like more? I like it too, I think it is much easier to implement it into a normal website but it took me some time fiddling around until I was able to implement it into Wordpress.

Thanks about the suggestion with the li hight, I'll keep it in mind.

I'd appreciate if you can give me some help on this thread as well: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=331779.0

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.