VertrigoServ on a Virtual Machine...please help!

Hi guys,

I have windows 7 ultimate (64 bit) installed on VMware virtual machine.

Everything is working fine, except Ive installed VertrigoServ to test my PHP scripts, and every time I go to preview the pages its not working properly and its displaying most of my php script as code inside the browser.

Does anyone know how to configure VerigoServe properly in a VM?

I'm sure this is the problem because when I test the same php pages using VertrigoServ running on just a normal windows machine everything is displayed how it should be.

Please can some one help me out here, I really need to get this to work within my VM.

Many thanks in advance,

Ps. I'm a bit of a newbe to PHP to please bear with me. 

Ok, so if its not the VM causing the problems, do you have any idea what is?

As i said it works fine on a my other computer, which is not using a VM.

The only difference is the computer that the scripts are working properly on is:

1. Its not a virtual Machine

2. its a 32 bit OS as opposed to the 64 Bit OS that's on the VM.

Thanks for sticking with me on this mate, I really need to figure this out.

Cheers.

It could likely be the 64bit issue.

Really, if you have access to a VM I would be installing Linux on it and building your own LAMP stack from there. Not many people are using Windows based servers to host PHP on in the real world.

OK mate,

I will try and see if its a 64bit issue first by installing a 32bit OS on my VM.

Unfortunately Its going to have to be a windows 32bit OS for now as I'm a bit lost on what you mean by installing Linux and building a lamp stack.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge here, as I said on my first post, I still very new to all this.

Thanks very much for your help mate, if you have any other suggestions please keep erm coming.

It could likely be the 64bit issue.

Really, if you have access to a VM I would be installing Linux on it and building your own LAMP stack from there. Not many people are using Windows based servers to host PHP on in the real world.

This  ^^^^^^

Ok, cheers for the link gizmola,

Just had a brief look at it on youtube and I'll give it a go today.

Been working on a site for the last 6 hours so my heads a bit fried to set it up right now, however I'll give it a go later today.

Thanks so much for your help people, I love this forum and I take my hat of to you guys for trying help me. Cant thank you enough.

Cheers.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.