Need some help with API (newb questions)

awdrifter

I'm doing a school project, and basically I'm trying to get these APIs to work. What I need is to when a customer fills out a form on my website, their email is automatically added to the contact list on BenchmarkEmail.

ttp://www.benchmarkemail.com/API/Examples

I tried to edit their sample code with my account info and just running the php file, just to see if it'll add the email address to the contact list. But I couldn't get it to work. Any help or links to may some better samples would help. Thanks in advance.

I tried to do some trouble shooting by myself, I got down to basically it's not able to connect to their API for some reason. Here's the simplest simple code I've found on their website, it's just getting a token. But when I ran it I got a blank screen, no error code, not even the "Your Token Is:" text. I have Xampp installed btw, which should have all the PHP stuff required.

http://www.benchmarkemail.com/API/Start/Login

<?php
/**
* This Example shows how to authenticate a user using XML-RPC.
* Note that we are using the PEAR XML-RPC client and recommend others do as well.
*/

require_once 'XML/RPC2/Client.php';

// Account Settings 
$USERNAME = 'my actual username';
$PASSWORD = 'my actual password';
$API_URL = 'http://api.benchmarkemail.com/1.0'; 

try 
{
     // Create the XML RPC Object 
    $client = XML_RPC2_Client::create($API_URL);

// Authenticate the user 
    $token = $client->login($USERNAME, $PASSWORD);

// Print the token 
    echo "Your Token is :" . $token;

} catch (XML_RPC2_FaultException $e){
     echo "ERROR:" . $e->getFaultString() ."(" . $e->getFaultCode(). ")";
}

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.